Tuesday, February 02, 2010

ups and downs

I worked on Feb's Interpret This! yesterday. The photograph (here) from Rian is rich with colors I like so the task of getting started was painless. I made wonderful progress: filled five pages in my journal; sketched out a design; and I have started selecting fabric. With last month's challenge, I found inspiration based on my feelings. This month, my inspiration is coming from thinking about discrete things and how I might achieve them through different techniques.

Irritated! I'm trying not to spend a lot of time on the computer but today I wasted precious time cleaning up spam and reporting it to Blogger. I had to do something "fun" to offset the mood I was in so, off to the studio to make this:


I saw it on Wild Olive and decided that a little humor was good - a little humor I could carry around with me, even better! I changed the pattern by stitching the face with the sewing machine and adding a pocket to hold a card or two.

While it is cute, it's not what I'd use everyday so, the more practical side of me made this as well:


Now, let's see if they work for me.

1 comment:

Debra Dixon said...

I've been getting alot of spam lately too--aaargh!

Pulled some fabrics for the challenge yesterday but not ready to commit yet. Not like we have alot of time to dawdle.