Friday, September 03, 2010

Cheers.

I knew today was going to be a bust in the studio. I didn't really have a plan. I showed up and sorted fabric for a few minutes. Cleaned up some piles that had been sitting around. I started to work on a few little projects and the sewing machine 'gods' took their revenge. Broken thread, broken needle, a problem with the bobbin - clearly, I was being tested. I worked about two hours and left feeling frustrated.

How's it go... ars longa, vita brevis which translates as art is long, life is short. Too bad that original aphorism referred to the craft of medicine and not the meager attempts of the 'craft with fabric' that I made today!

oh well, carpe vinum.

(see... Moderate Drinking Helps Middle-Aged and Older People Live Longer.)

2 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Boy, I hate days like that. I thought I was going to waltz in and get some embroidery done but I ended up having to mess with embroidery software issues before I could do any waltzing. It makes for a long day.

Rian said...

Love the article...it's good news! I'm gonna live a long time. Carpe vinum, I get it!