Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

It was a family day. With both girls home, we started the day with homemade cinnamon rolls (truth be told, we all found them too rich!) We played Scrabble, worked on a jigsaw puzzle, walked the dog, made lasagna and worked together to complete the NY Times Sunday crossword. Learned a new (to us)word - nabob. We couldn't decide which related form we liked better - nabobery or nabobishly.

A very lovely day.

Living consciously...

I enjoyed this statement from the reading today: "All that is required of you is that you "be," exist and receive from others." And that's exactly what I did today.

3 comments:

jenclair said...

Sounds like a lovely day!

Kay said...

I agree with Jenclair. And isn't it too bad that every day's living consciously isn't that pleasant?

As for nabob, you're obviously too young to remember Vice President Spiro Agnew, and "nattering nabobs of negativity."

Emmy said...

I have been nominated by Margaret S
and I think you must be nominated to you blog is very an inspiration to me if oyu have time think of 10 blogs you consider to be nominated to
warm regards Emmy