Wednesday, March 19, 2008

March TIFC - Day Four



So far, I've been able to 'discover' the pieces I need for these Take it Further Challenges out of my scrap box - luckily, it's a big box. Finding the background fabric made by day!

Living consciously...

In a word, neither death, nor exile, nor pain, nor anything of this kind is the real cause of our doing or not doing any action, but our inward opinions and principles - Epictetus

Hendricks wrote of how we project the qualities we fear in ourselves onto others. As a practice he suggest thinking of someone you don't get along with. Try to get a clear sense of what you don't like about that person and accept that exact same quality in yourself.

I know I "project" from time to time and sometimes on the people I love most. Critical and impatient with behaviors that I know I need to own.

2 comments:

Kay said...

Oh, great! That swirly green background fabric adds perfect movement.

Vicki W said...

That's a very cool piece and the background couldn't be better!