Tuesday, March 18, 2008

March TIFC - Day Three



My first effort in trying to capture transparent lettering isn't as successful as I had hoped for. I did decide that I'll build the piece first and then overlay the text somehow but I won't be using the technique I tired today.



Living consciously...

I paused at this line in the reading (Hendricks) today: "The journey of conscious living is partly about coming to know and then befriending all your personas ... and then making your home in essence."

I'm okay with two-thirds of this but befriending the personas strikes me as odd. Why would I befriend the masks I create to satisfy some demands of a situation or environment when they don't represent who I really am?

Tolle writes in A New Earth, "The central core of all your mind activity consists of certain repetitive persistent thoughts, emotions, and reactive patterns that you identify with most strongly. This is the ego itself."

I can't remember the exact words used last night during Oprah's webcast but Tolle referred to the space between thoughts. To be in that "space" and feel Awareness in that moment is, I think, making a home in essence.



No comments: