Thursday, March 27, 2008

Swimming out of a mood



Really unmotivated today. Finally forced myself to do something in the studio and I figured that a postcard would probably be enough. I'm not sure how I ended up with a fish - maybe because I was planning salmon for dinner.

Living consciously...

Both the reading and the practice in Hendricks' A Year of Living Consciously today touched on be more aware of "projection" in relationships especially when they are ending or changing status. He ends the practice with : Learning to perceive the truth within yourself and speak it clearly to others is a delicate skill.

It may be easier to recognize it when a relationship is going through a significant change but psychological projection is a defense mechanism and is rampant in day-to-day interactions. I'm trying to understand a truth within myself unencumbered by my own conditioned thoughts and patterns of behavior. I have a sense that when I "get there" I won't need to be concerned with explaining my truth to others - it will be what it is.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Well you might not know why but it was efinately worth it as it has turne out fab. Hope a new day brngs you a better feel.

jenclair said...

I love the fish and postcards are a good way to get the creative juices going.