Friday, March 28, 2008

Where's Spring?



Spent time looking at photos and tweaked this one a tad in Photoshop. This was taken in October '06. I'm considering working on a larger quilt and trying to find inspiration. As I recall it was a lovely fall day. I'm hoping Spring arrives soon - it wasn't today... a little sun for a very short time and then snow and hail.


Living consciously...

Another practice today going back to some memory as a child in order to "gradually come to know what is true - and what is not - for you of you and in you."

I cleaned the pantry and the spice drawer instead.

Edward R. Murrow said "Everyone is prisoner of his own experiences. No one can eliminate prejudice, just recognize them." Recognizing my own truth seems to ebb in flow with the years. As I come to understand my own inwardly directed prejudices, I'm optimistic about discovering more about myself. Hopefully, it won't just result in a truthiness a la Stephen Colbert.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Tag Your It...check out my blog for details...love the photo..it is beautiful. Wendy www.therunningquilter.blogspot.com

jenclair said...

I'm still working on the sewing room, which is going to take all year if I don't begin to speed up. Too many decisions about where to put things right now - but I can't play in here until I've made more progress.

Granny Fran said...

Gorgeous fall trees! This ought to help provide inspiration. We keep switching between winter and spring here. Quite stimulating, she says, trying to put a positive spin on it.