Wednesday, April 02, 2008

a frogging we will go



I'm not going to consider it a total lose but I am going to rip this anklet apart. I'm not happy with it. I like the pattern overall but my choices of needle size and foot length could have been better.

Live and learn.

Living consciously...

The reading suggests that one way to discover truths about your hidden self is to be aware of what you project onto others. And if you play close attention to this you can then fine-tune or overhaul those behaviors.

I couldn't help but wonder as I read, how come these "projections" all seem to take on negative behavior characteristic. It seems that I would be just as likely to project admiral behaviors on others... would that mean that I was secretly an admiral person or just coveted those characteristics. If I'm trying to be more conscious, I think it would serve me better to just be more aware of my behavior as it's happening than to go about chasing my cognitive tail in some would-have-could-have-should-have analysis.

1 comment:

Alis Clair said...

I dislike frogging but sometimes it just has to be done. You will be pleased you did in the end.

I've got to frog a piece that I just finished using two different sized needles!! Can you believe I knitted nearly the whole thing and never noticed - new glasses?