Monday, April 21, 2008

If I only had a brain

I found this absolutely fascinating! It a brief 18 minute talk that Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor gave. She talks about how she felt one morning when she was having a massive stroke. As a brain researcher she now has a expanded view of how our brain defines us and connects us to the rest of the world. I'll be looking for her book My Stroke of Insight soon!



(I originally found this on TED Talks but I couldn't get it to embed properly. Wonderful site.)

Living consciously...

For practice, Hendricks suggest focuses on an intimate relationship where frequent conflict with that person may remind you of another person. Then, of course, to try and reflect on what you may be projecting that contributes to the conflict.

I think I get what he's going for but I just don't have the energy today to untangle the 'projections' I may be launching... let's just suffice it to say that most of them seem to involve household chores!

1 comment:

Deb Geyer said...

What an interesting video! Thanks for sharing!