Monday, May 19, 2008

May TIFC - Day Three - Done!









That's it, she's done. The answer to What do you call yourself? and the title of this Take it Further challenge for May is Iombazymurgist. The "why" explanation du jour can be found here. Just a glimpse of a little nymph, that's all -- the transient muse of creativity. It's about twelve inches square.

Living consciously...

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. -- Anaïs Nin

The practice for today is to understand why and how you put up barriers to closeness.

Knowing who I am, especially in these last few years, has certainly helped me to be more open and transparent. So my first thought in responding to the practice was about "time" and how much you have to invest to maintain good relationships. I don't really think in terms of putting up barriers (or tearing them down), it's more a case of understanding my motivation to explore closeness with others... a reason to make it worth my time. While I like the quote that Hendricks offered, there's another quote attributed to Anaïs Nin that I think is more germane - "Each friend represents a world in us, a world not possibly born until they arrive, and is only by this meaning that a new world is born." This is why I make time for relationships -- to explore new worlds together!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done...i cant see the term iombazymurgist catching on anytime soon - but I liked your explantion for it!

Kay said...

Terrific, Kim. Both you and Paula have been so clever with this theme; I'm very impressed. I have no ideas at all on how to translate what I call myself into an image.
That Anais Nin quotation is wonderful too. So true, I think.

Gerry said...

This is very cool!

jenclair said...

:) You make me laugh! The "transient muse" is great. Love the Anais Nin quote.

Cheryl said...

Hi Kim, This is my favorite piece of yours so far for the challenge. I love your use of color and symbolism here.