Saturday, May 31, 2008

Mayo



I buy mayonnaise occasionally and a very small jar last for months. Since I needed some at the house, I thought I'd go ahead and try something new. I haven't tasted it yet... saving that for another day. Later in the day I found these recipes:
#1.Vegan Mayo - Puree the following in a food processor:
1 package of firm silken tofu, 1000 mg of vitamin C (crushed), 1 teaspoon of onion or garlic powder, 1 teaspoon yellow mustard, juice of one lemon.

#2. Vegan Mayo - Puree the following in a food processor:
1 package of firm silken tofu, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon seasalt, 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar, 1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard... until smooth and then gradually (a drop at time style!) add 1/4 cup vegetable oil. Store airtight in fridge.



Living consciously...

The practice today - Begin your day with an affirmation: Today I open to the learning opportunities in every moment.

I know I learn 'something' everyday but I do sometimes wish I embraced a more methodical approach. I have a friend who makes a point of learning something new everyday and pursuing an intensive study of something new every month. I admire the discipline. ...every moment - I think that's working on being aware.

No comments: