Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Weekly collage

wk23-08

I'm doing four weekly collages this month under a theme of Contentment. I like the definition of contentment as an 'ease of mind.' I am, in general, at ease with my life - transitions can be tough sometimes but things stabilize rather quickly. I wanted to create a 3D surface and even though the folds ended up more orderly than I was expecting I like the contrast of that order with the chaos of the color blotches and the random stitching.




Try to be like the turtle - at ease in your own shell. ~ Bill Copeland



Living consciously...

The challenge today was to get in touch with your defensiveness and recognize it in yourself and others. I know I've been known to "get overly busy" as a defensive move and I spent some time screaming the lines from Network: "I'm mad as..." I think I'm out of that phase in my life. Still sometimes, trying to be authentic can go against the grain of what others may want me to do (or to be!)

No comments: