Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekly Collage

wk 34-08

I was trying to figure out how to end this month's theme of 'transformation' and I know I wanted to use the scraps that have been so much a part of my life over this last month. I grab some strips out of this drawer and pondered.

I knew that this weekly would be added to the growing pile of the previous weeks' weeklies. At some point I need to gather up the weeklies I've done this year and figure out which ones I can combine to transform into a larger quilt. I know that there are some pieces that I will want to leave whole but the one I did this week I would have no problem chopping up!





Living consciously...

Hendricks asks in today's practice to remember a time when, in a moment, you found something humorous in a time of grief.

This is an easy reflection. Tears and laughter have comforted me often in times when I thought grief was too deep of a pit to crawl out of.

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge -- myth is more potent than history -- dreams are more powerful than facts -- hope always triumphs over experience -- laughter is the cure for grief -- love is stronger than death. ~ Robert Fulghum

No comments: