Saturday, September 20, 2008

almost...


I've been sewing the binding on the 'Thrytene' all day. I keep telling myself that it's almost done and then twenty minutes later, I say it again.

Back to work.


Living consciously...

Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise. ~ Sigmund Freud

...and something that requires ongoing maintenance. But then Hendricks takes it further by suggesting that in a cooled or soured relationship that you should unburden yourself to the key person by sharing your withheld feelings.

I like being present in the "now" - issues that have been abandoned or left fermenting never seemed to be resolved the way you might think they would be. (IMHO)
I'm over being caught up in dramas and being paralyzed by woulda-coulda-shoulda sagas. Felt the feeling, now I'm moving on.

2 comments:

Sarah E. said...

I appreciate your philosophy. Worked for me once, glad to see someone else ascribe to it, too. Your work, in the meantime, is wonderful, as always!

Kim said...

sarah - Thanks Sarah. I am enjoying the studio work so much these last few month. Maybe there's something to this conscious living/being present stuff... or it could be that those years of struggle (hard work, raising a family, preparing for the future) have paid off.