Thursday, September 04, 2008

September TIFC - Day Three




I spent a few minutes mocking up a paper pieced "LIST" - just with some scrap to see if I liked it. I did decide that for the background fabric in the finished project I will only use one fabric - probably brown. I'm going to try and work another "T" as it seems a little out of place with the other letters.



Living consciously...

The reading and practice was about sexuality. I agree with Hendricks statement that having a "love affair with life makes one most open to the deepest of love affairs with another." For practice, he asks to identify a situation that is not traditionally sexy, but when you felt most sexual. We certainly get blasted with images of what 'sexy' is suppose to look like in the movies, on TV and in advertising. But in real life, I think 'sexy' comes across in much more ordinary ways... a nice soak in the hot tub, morning coffee on the deck, or even listening to wonderful music (like this maybe.)

2 comments:

Kay said...

Whatever you're doing, living consciously, notebook, etc., it's certainly working for you. The work you show is constantly interesting.

Kim said...

kay - Thanks. I've been wanting to be more "serious" in several different facets of my life. I think it's my post menopausal, empty nest, mid-life-trying-to-figure-what-I'm-going-to-be-when-I-grow-up crisis.