Saturday, December 27, 2008

Remembering Eartha Mae

Studio time has been on hold the last few days. My husband is doing something with the network wiring that has involved stuff from the office spilling out into my studio space and drywall putty camping on my desk. Rumor has it that it will be done tomorrow.

I listened to Eartha Kitt sing as I chopped veggies for sopa de lentejas al estilo de Puerto Rico for dinner tonight. Eartha Kitt passed away on Dec 25th at 81. (YouTube of her singing Old Fashioned Girl and Santa Baby.) Her music lives on.


Living consciously...

Today's practice: I commit to being open to hearing the messages from myself about who I am and what it is that I want in my life.

Well, no duh! The trick is staying in a state of integrity and gaining perspective while indulging is life's experiences. There is so much to do, to learn, to be - it's easier to sample and then decide what it is that I am not and don't want in my life. I want to be curious enough to be asking who I am and what I want right up to the end of my life.

Truth has no special time of its own. Its hour is now - always. ~ Albert Schweitzer

Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people. ~ Spencer Johnson (his book)

2 comments:

jenclair said...

I'm actually working on this. Sometimes these thoughts are in and out of my head, pushed aside by whatever is going on at the moment. I'm trying to pay attention to the messages about what I really want--you know, aside from the biggies, those little things that compliment the big ones.

Kim said...

jenclair - It's so easy to slip into an auto-pilot lifestyle, paying attention is the challenge. I keep thinking of that Verizon commercial "Can you hear me now?" - trying to help that inner essence to speak up and be heard.