Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Weekly Collage

wk 51-08

This weekly came together very quickly - the sketch I did a few days ago helped! My daughter said it reminds her of Kwanzaa, I had not intended that but, works for me. US Post Service has issued two Kwanzaa stamps: 1997 and 2004. I love the artwork and was thinking that it would be cool to design my own stamp... yeah, I guess anybody can do that now...Customized Postage.






Living consciously...

This practice fits just right with my mood today: Looking around this moment, appreciate the things you see.
Although it is still cold out, the sun is shining and it is beautiful.

2 comments:

jenclair said...

Perfect for Kwanzaa and perfect for a stamp! I made stamps when I was doing mail art...PhotoShop and a Xyron for the sticky backs.

Once I even went to the Post Office and took pictures of my mail carrier and other P.O. employees. I used those for a long time; they got a kick out of seeing their faces on my letters.

Kim said...

Jenclair - I have considered personalizing our stamps but it seems over the years we use so few. Most of our correspondence and bill paying is through the internet. hmmm... maybe 2009 would be a good year for some Random Acts of Snail Mail.