Friday, March 13, 2009

Week 11

wk 11-09

I've often considered making a Hawaiian applique quilt - I love the look of an intricately cut shape laid out on a contrasting background. With that in mind, this weekly collage is modeled on that idea. I took the Bengali word ভবী, meaning a pertinacious person and made a "shape."

Creative every day: 71 of 365 done!



Now what?

It was a beautiful day today. Blue skies with temperatures just above fifty. The dog, who doesn't really like to be outside without someone (me) from her pack, was asking to go out all day just to lay in the sun. I joined her for a few minutes while she explored and I drank a cup of coffee. It's so tempting to start thinking about the garden and getting it ready for planting but I know that the ground is still too saturated.

For now: I think I'll start planning on paper what I'd like to have in the six garden beds.

10 comments:

Françoise said...

Wonderful quilt!

Kay said...

I really like this! What a terrific idea.

Debra Dixon said...

I really like this one too!

Anonymous said...

Me too! Exceedingly clever!

Sandra said...

How beautiful - it glows!

Alis Clair said...

I really love that Kim. The shape is wonderful and I love the colours.

Deb Geyer said...

Hi Kim! Just wanted to check in on you. Haven't seen or heard you in a while. Everything OK?

jenclair said...

Hey, you! Where have you been? Hope all is well, but I notice Deb has been wondering about you, too.

Sandra said...

Yeah, me too! I miss you!
Sande

金瓜米粉Jason said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.