Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm taking no further

Dress your Inner Samurai

Enough. Today was the tenth and final day that I've worked on the January Take it Further Challenge. I don't think I worked more than two hours on any of the days - I did I spent more time dreaming about the challenge and those colors than I wanted to. I like the process and how I worked the challenge. Before the February challenge begins I plan to review the steps in the design process and incorporate some suggestions from Deb that she posted in comments on my Jan 8th post.

I'm going to take some time tomorrow and look around and see what the rest of the 290 participants in the challenge have been up to this month. SharonB's blog has the master list, then there is
the Flickr pool of photos for those working on the challenge and Debra has set up a blog for the finished pieces.

whew...

Living consciously...

My head is spinning. Besides the Living Consciously reading, I'm also reading through Simple Abundance (again)this year and over the last two weeks I skimmed through a whole year's worth of Romancing the Ordinary. It was all getting to be a bit too much. Romancing the Ordinary can go back to the library! Although I was tempted to copy a few recipes out of the book, I reminded myself that I have three shelves of cookbooks and a whole internet at my fingertips.

Today's practice was to actually state aloud a commitment to living consciously and then sense if that telltale rattle of a feeling betrays you. It's fear and if it does emerge Hendricks says use it to deepen your commitment. I've been saying the word "fun" so much over the last three that I am starting to get a little desensitized to it. On the other hand I do think my awareness for my capacity for fun is starting to grow.

10 comments:

Deb Geyer said...

I think that your TIF challenge finished up great!! Good job!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

I just had to tell you I think it is wonderful. I so enjoyed watching your process. I am not sure I would be able to go through the process as you did stretched out into ten days. Also, love that you knew when "enough" happened. That's my 2008 word.

Debra Dixon said...

This turned into a very interesting piece. I guess you instinctively know when the end is accomplished. Very nice, Kim!

Jacqui said...

Well, to me the combination of the 2 hours each day and dreaming, seems to have worked very well, this is a stunningly original piece. Looking forward to next month's work of art.

Anonymous said...

very nice work - I like the title, it made me smile.

Dianne said...

Love your TIF piece Kim - it looks like a lot of "fun" (and work of course) went into it!!!

Magpie Sue said...

Going back through all your posts about this project was illuminating. There's no way I'll ever be able to see what everyone in the group is doing/has done but I'm glad I checked out yours!

Did I miss where you said what size this is? And what group are you doing the weekly collages with?

Anonymous said...

I like your work, very nice!!!! dear friend.
Congratulations!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

It's amazing.

juanita sim said...

Nice job. I like your piece very much. Congratulations on working with a colorway that wasn't something you liked in the beginning and seeing that as a challenge. The result is really very visually pleasing. Thanks also for documenting the process in such detail.